Monday 4 April 2011

Music and initial ideas

As a brain storm of ideas for my piece of music I sat and listened to the music and thought of three words that best describe the music that I require to animate. 
The music I have to use is called Melting Pot (Coldcut Re-Rub), and I believe it is by a reggae artist called Boris Gardiner.

As soon as I hear it I think of summertime, as it is quite a jolly song. I also get an image of disco/dancing from the upbeat rhythms. It has a funky feel too, like a 70's classic vibe.

Therefore my three words which I will continue to make mood boards on are:
Summery, disco, 70's.

Already I feel like I know the sort of direction I can go with this. I have ideas of some sort of 70's disco bar, with a character acting cool puts on a vinyl disc and starts dancing away...

No comments:

Post a Comment